Are you planning to list your house this year? Spring is the time of year to consider listing. According to REALTOR.com, April is traditionally a great month to list your home. Spring marks the beginning of the busiest home selling and buying season. Buyers are starting their searches and timing their purchase. It is time to prepare your home to sell. As you begin the process, consider these tips (secrets) to stage your home to get the buyers attention.
- Hire the right agent. The real secret to selling your home is hiring the right agent and broker. By doing so, the agent can monitor online activity of the local market and identify homes competing with your home’s listing. Be sure to hire a professional realtor like George Papakostas at Long and Foster, for access to up-to-date information on the local market.
- Start with the kitchen. This is the one room that is most important to selling your home. In most cases, the kitchen “sells” the home. The benefits of remodeling a kitchen include getting around 85% of your investment back at the time you sell. If you don’t have time to renovate and the kitchen looks dated, spice it up a new coat of paint, new hardware on the cabinets, or a new countertop.
- Depersonalize your space. If you are serious about selling, remove the items you used to personalize. Take down family photographs and put away those collections. Don’t distract buyers with knickknacks, instead, accentuate the features of your home.
- Clean out the closets. Storage is important to buyers and while they look at your home, they will investigate the amount of storage, including closets. It’s not necessary to empty the closet, but take at least half the stuff out and neatly organize the rest. It will give the buyer a structured look at space without the clutter.
- Brighten up the place. There is nothing more appealing than a room flooded with natural light. Take down the heavy drapes, wash the windows (inside and out), and put up sheers instead. In addition, clean lampshades and overhead ceiling fans and replace any burnt-out bulbs. Increase wattage of bulbs outside to light up the entranceway, the landscape and exterior of the home as you can expect potential buyers to drive by at night to see a night view of the listing.
Do you need advice on selling your home? There are countless more ways to attract buyers to your home. With the help of George Papakostas, your home will get the attention it deserves and make a stunning first impression buyers won’t forget. Contact George today!